Pastor Appreciation Ministries

Pastor Appreciation Ministries is a non-profit ministry based in Central Florida dedicated to the building up and encouragement of pastors across denominational lines. For more information on our ministry, visit us at www.pastorappreciationministries.org

Monday, October 20, 2008

I am a Vietnam Veteran. That simply means that I came back from serving in combat without receiving any form of appreciation for that service. I accepted that and dedicated myself to showing appreciation to others and not looking for any for myself. Although the congregations I have served over the past 30 years have treated me well I have avoided “appreciation” events. One of the counselor type pastors at the golf outing yesterday could probably explain that. I am so very thankful that I attended your event yesterday. I felt truly appreciated. You generously honored the pastoral office, the Christ we serve, but also us individually. Someone said that the some folks have the gift to give you something in such a way that you feel you are doing them a favor by accepting. You have that gift.

For more information go to http://www.pastorappreciationministries.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home